S2 Security IP based Access Control
S2 Security offers advanced physical security solutions for the modern office. S2 Security is the leader in IP-based integrated security systems: access control, video management and mobile apps.
S2 Security IP based access control features
- Seamless Integration: Integrates credential-based ntrusion detection, video security applications and access control
- Web Control Center: Online management and administration
- Modular System: Allows for simple addition of S2 Network Nodes, S2 NetVR video management capabilities, and S2 Global for larger, distributed installations
- Customizable Monitoring Displays: Provides customization of real-time security event monitoring displays
- Automated System Management: Automatically handles software updates and system backup
- Events and Reporting: Displays access control events and stores them for customized reporting
- Data Management: Automatically backs up and maintains SQL-compliant database of credential holders
- Temperature Monitoring: Initiates events when analog temperature monitoring points exceed preset high or low values
- Identity Management: Provides identity management solution for ID photo capture and badge generation
- Legacy System Upgrade: Works with existing Mercury, Casi-Rusco and Honeywell hardware
S2 products are the access control and video management systems of choice for Fortune 500, education, health care, manufacturing and government customers around the world. Learn more about some of the representative markets we serve. Some markets S2 Security serves:
S2 Security IP based Access Control and Mobile Security Management
Enterprise-class, feature-rich S2 access control systems integrate credential-based access control, intrusion detection and video security applications for a unified management and administration experience. 100% web based, these IP networked systems require no software installation or client license fees. Flexible system architecture allows for a range of applications from single sites to globally distributed physical security management systems. S2 building access control systems also integrate with legacy access control systems, allowing for easy upgrades.
Our flagship access control product, S2 NetBox, was an industry first with its solid-state design, browser-delivered system management, intuitive user interface and ability to integrate with other best-of-breed manufacturers. The entire S2 access control product line continually benefits from our commitment to innovation, with over 20 software versions released since 2004.
S2 IP access control system architecture maintains a complete database on an S2 Network Controller and distributes the data to S2 Network Nodes (portals) supporting one or two readers, assuring that the access control capabilities function during network outages.
With S2 mobile security management products, field security officers and other authorized users can operate and manage their S2 system from anywhere, dramatically improving their productivity, decision making, and response time.
S2 Mobile Security Officer: This award-winning, revolutionary tablet app allows both management and staff to operate and manage their S2 security system remotely. Features include event monitoring, video surveillance, evacuation management, photo ID, and more.
S2 Threat Level Escalator: In the event of an emergency, this app lets authorized people activate emergency requirements such as a total facility lockdown.
S2 Mobile Security Management Benefits
- Remote Operation and Management: Allows management and staff to operate and manage their S2 system from anywhere
- Centralized Administration: Instantly sends actions taken by field security officers to the command center
- Faster Response Time: Enables authorized users to respond quickly to events as they unfold
- Improved Productivity: Serves as a force multiplier, making it possible for security officers to complete additional tasks while on patrol
- Portals: Supports up to 32 doors or other access points
- Event and Alarm Monitoring: Includes comprehensive event logging, notification and escalation
- Threat Level Management: Provides configurable system status and response actions such as system lock downs
- Person Record Management: Maintains detailed, credential-driven user records and access history
- Reporting: Offers pre-defined and custom reports
- Web Interface: Delivers browser-based, unified system management and administration
- Solid-State Design: Extends product lifecycle, lowering total cost of ownership
- Blade Support: Houses up to seven S2 application blades for access control, inputs, outputs and temperature probes
- Video Integration: Works with S2 NetVR series video management systems and other third party video systems
- API Support: Integrates with third party products such as human resource databases via an open source API
- Automated System Management: Automatically discovers S2 Nodes and handles system backups
- Mobile App: Allows for mobile security management using S2 Mobile Security Officer