Honeywell Access Control
Honeywell Access Systems provides access control solutions and products for applications ranging from small multi-door systems to enterprise-wide, networked access management.
Honeywell Access Control Features
- Monitor alarms and events real-time
- Special response messages per account/per alarm or event
- Lock/unlock doors
- Add/remove holidays
- 99 priority levels of alarms/events
- Control and respond, including acknowledge, clear, annotate, live video and recorded video
- Manual override, lock and unlock doors, shunt/bypass zones and input points
- Live floor plan views
- Account Sensitive Card/Cardholder database import utility
- Specialized reports - card frequency with disposition option, card where valid, who has access to this door, card audit trails and more.
Honeywell Access Control Markets
- Campus / University
- Commercial Office
- Health Care
- House of Worship
- Life Sciences
Honeywell Access Control Review
Honeywell is a global provider of security products which gives it a leg up when it comes to access control. The panel based system and generic door controllers make it compatible with scores of security products and accessories on the market. This makes the system versatile in the office environment, but decreases system security due to the piecemeal approach.
Door panels are installed locally and require Honeywell’s WIN-PAK access control system to manage credentials and generate reports. Honeywell offers readers that can authenticate keypad credentials, barcodes, key cards, and biometric fingerprints. Like all panel based systems, the readers must be wired back to the panel to function. Honeywell access control panels can control up to 32 doors in the facility.
Because of Honeywell’s expansive. security offering, the system pairs nicely with alarms, fire safety, video surveillance systems, and much more. The system is flexible and scalable, and comes from a trusted name in the industry. The downfall lies in the fact that support for the product is non-existent and relies on local vendors knowledge and experience. Additionally, Honeywell does not offer a mobile app for unlocking doors through mobile credentials.